01 02 03 Harbinger of Doom 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Second Year of Blogging

34
On November 19, 2010, I created this blog and posted about the games I was running and playing. Last year on this date, I posted again, with a quite different list of games. Since then, well, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Games I'm Running
  1. Dust to Dust: We've now run six three-day events, a single one-day event, and two World Events. We've been incredibly lucky in drawing an enthusiastic, engaged playerbase. The campaign has been a greater investment of time and energy than my previous experience led me to expect, and I am deeply grateful for everyone who has been involved in the game: staff, volunteers, and players.
  2. Over the Edge: I still fit in a session of this campaign about once every six to twelve months. I still enjoy running it from time to time.
  3. D&D Next: Within the last year, WotC announced the playtest of a new edition of D&D. I've commented on it extensively in this blog, and we're two sessions into a D&D Next campaign set in Aurikesh, my homebrewed setting. In last year's post, I mentioned running "a heavily hacked version of SIFRP," and I did run one session of that in Aurikesh, but I never got around to addressing the serious design problems there. This game is unusual in that I currently have ten PCs running a total of thirteen characters, though they're not all at the table at once.
Games I'm Playing

  1. Eclipse: The game is within six months of the end of its first arc. The recent Safety Wolf event was a top-notch experience, and I'm excited to see the next few events as the climax approaches.
  2. Arcana Evolved: Scheduling sessions has been more difficult this year than in past years, and we're discussing moving over to Kainenchen and me using Google Hangouts to play.
  3. Iron Kingdoms: One of my coworkers has run a couple of Iron Kingdoms one-shots lately. I should write up a post at some point with what I like about the game and what I don't; I like much more in the rules than I dislike.
  4. Mark of the Ninja: A side-scroller stealth game on XBLA. It takes something special to create a side-scroller with multiple paths to success for each challenge, but that's what they've done. I'm impressed!
  5. Enclave: I picked this game up on GOG just recently. It's definitely a bit dated, but the game controls are pleasingly responsive on the PC, and I'm enjoying the game so far, though I haven't had much time for it lately.
My Mage: the Awakening chronicle ended just a little while back. I should really go back and polish up a bit more of the session log I posted for it on Shieldhaven wiki. What time I have for tabletop games is going into my D&D game now, of course; all of the rest of my creative energy outside of work goes into Dust to Dust.

I talk about my job very little in this blog, and that's not currently likely to change, except for me to say that I've worked on two products that have been released in the last few months, and another should be coming out very soon. I hope to make a few more announcements like these over the course of the coming year.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38